Sunday, March 1, 2009

Jasey's 1st Birthday Party!

Her Disney Princess Kitchen
(Don't mind the cords/mess; we were in the process of moving everything to fit it in her room)


"Mommy, look at the mess I've made!"




Jasey just starting to dig in!


Jasey's minature ladybug cake I made her!



Daddy & Uncle Bruce having a good time at her party!



Papa Brian helping blow up balloons and hang the pinata.



Her table decorations and headbands



Jasey and me with her huge stack of presents!



Our happy family!



Yesterday we had Jasey's 1st Birthday Party. It went really well; considering we got 6" of snow. The weather did cut our guest list short, but we still had a great turn out and a lot of fun. Thankfully, Papa Brian & Grandma Debbie (my parents) drove in Friday night and helped set up the Clasbey Center and bake all the cupcakes and make all the food. I don't know what Jason and I would have done if they wouldn't have came early. The rest of my fam started out early Saturday morning and was able to get there; even though the roads were very bad.


I was worried about the age difference in the kids and keeping them entertained, but we had no problems. All I had to buy those kids was a package of balloons and they would have been fine. We also had crafts and a pinata. I think everyone really enjoyed themselves.


Jasey was really good throughout the party; especially for it being a couple hours long. She got a little antsy during present time. She just wanted to play with them and we kept taking them away so she could open more. She got a lot of clothes; which is great, because she's so tall and skinny it's hard to find anything to fit her. She got a new wagon from us and a Disney Princess Kitchen, which she absolutely loves. It talks to you while you bake and cook. She's been baking daddy lots of muffins! She also got 4 cell phones! Everyone knows she loves to play with Jason & I's phones so they thought they'd solve that problem for us :) She got so many great presents; thank you to everyone!


At first she wanted NOTHING to do with her cake. But then she'd stick one finger in it. Before long she was really into it and made a mess of everything!

I'm a little sad that it's already over with, but at the same time relieved; no more stress! I can't believe that a year ago from right now I was laying on my bed with my mom talking about how I was getting ready to be a mom. We were laying there counting the minutes between contractions. There were all about 5 minutes apart but never hurt. I kept wondering if we should go to the hospital or not. I rember all of these details so vividely, yet it's been a year. Now I can say I'm a mommy and it's the greatest thing that has ever happened to me. She's the most precious gift God ever gave Jason and I. She's beautiful, smart and happy. It makes me wonder how I'll ever love our second child as much! I haven't cried yet; but just keep staring at her tonight; making sure it's not a dream. It just doesn't seem possible.
I hope you all have a great experience with your children as I do with Jasey. Cherish each and every moment you have with them, but also don't be so uptight that they don't enjoy life. Just let them dig into their cake at their 1st birthday party and don't worry whether they'll be dirty or have a sugar high; they'll be fine!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like the party was a great hit! Happy Birthday Jasey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great theme!! Everything looks like it turned out wonderfully- what a great and happy memory!

    ReplyDelete