Wednesday, March 4, 2009

PAT Visit

The Savannah School District is a great school district and they have a wonderful PAT (Parents As Teachers) Program. They hold 50+ programs a month for children 5 and under and make home visits to see how your child is progressing. Tonight was our 4th visit with our PAT Leader, Cindy. I was anxious to meet with her to see how Jasey is progressing; she said Jasey is doing very well! Cindy brought new toys for Jasey to play with it; it amazes me the things they make to entertain kids. She gave her a cup with two blocks to see if she could put the blocks in the cup and pick them back out; she did! She also had a small water bottle that she had put a long piece of ribbon in. Jasey pulled that ribbon right out. Cindy said she was the first child she had that had taken the ribbon all the way out and multiple times--YEAH! MY DAUGHTER IS A GENIUS!! :) She also did the DENVER Test to see if she can do things they think she should be doing at 1 year. She did great on that as well. Cindy was very shocked that she can drink out of regular cup and from a straw like she does. We also made a storybook out of ziplocks; we just need to add pictures of people/things we want Jasey to work on.



It was great to hear someone else tell me how well my daughter is doing. Of course, Jason and I think she's a genius, but makes me feel so much better hearing it from others; especially a trained professional. Jasey really likes Cindy and enjoys when she comes over with her "bag of goodies". Jasey kept pointing to it wanting more and Cindy was all out of new things for her. There's nothing better to a parent then knowing their child is learning on schedule and even ahead a little bit. My sister and I both exceled in academics; Brandi graduating Salutatorian and myself as Valedictorian---so I hope that Jasey follows in our footsteps!



I'm trying to upload my first video. This would be of Jasey being onery. She discovered that she can hold on to the end table and step into her basket of storybooks and stand up on them. I know she's going to fall and hurt herself. But being a first time parent I had to take the chance and video it while I could. If you're a parent I'm sure you understand and can't help but chuckle a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment