Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Turning 1

Jasey on Valentine's Day; look at the difference!
Jasey right after she was born

This week has been very hectic and hard for me. I've been working so hard to make Jasey's 1st birthday party perfect. I've made everything from scratch: invitations, centerpieces, menu, etc. I'm so afraid of her party/decorations being a disapointment. I know, I know she's only 1; she won't remember this. But others will and she'll see pictures of it and I don't want her to feel like she's cheated of an awesome 1st birthday party!

Jason's still working 6-7 days a week. He hasn't had a full 2 days off since his paternity leave last March. It really puts a strain on our relationship and communication. We see each other for one hour a day; trust me that's not enough time to see your spouse. I am glad, however, that he gets to babysit Jasey during the day so that she gets her "daddy time".

It's so hard to believe she'll be a year old on March 2. I remember going into labor and having her like it was yesterday. I can recall every single detail. It's a very sad and happy moment for me. I'm sad to think a year of her life is already gone. I sit back and wonder if I did everything I could and needed to. But at the same time I'm happy to have a beautiful and happy baby girl who is learning so much! She's said her first word-fish (besides mama and dada). She stares at our fish and just talks to them. If only I knew what she was saying.

All the family will be here this weekend to share in her big celebration and I hope it's a success. Time to get off here and finish work up for the day; then more work on her party!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment